- – All-in-one portable production solution
- – Easy to use with dedicated hardware controls and audio faders and integrated touch screen preview monitor
- – 6 input, 4-Channel Video Switcher
- – Supports HDMI*1, RGB/Component, and Composite Video Inputs Up to 1080p
- – Input 4’s scaler now supports a wider range of video and VESA resolutions.*1 *2
- – Built-in Scaler via CH4
- – Automatic switching modes [Ver.2.0]
- – 18-Channel Digital Audio Mixer with XLR, TRS, and RCA jacks along with audio from HDMI inputs
- – Embedding and de-embedding of audio with delay settings
- – Auto mixing and Echo Canceling function
- – Composition effects including DSK (Downstream Keyer), picture-in-picture etc.
- – Capturing a still Image from Input Video on channel 4*3 [Ver.1.5]
- – Built-in touch quad-input multi-viewer with audio metering
- – External Multi-View Output through HDMI
- – HDCP Support
- – USB3.0 Video/Audio Output up to 1080/30p (uncompressed) and Audio Loopback Feature
- – Software control using VR-4HD RCS application for Mac and PC and remote control via USB connection
- – Sending a still image to the VR-4HD by VR-4HD RCS*3 [Ver.1.5]
- – Tally, GPIO connections
*1 HDCP Compliant
*2 Built-in EDID Emulator
*3 The Still-image data is deleted once the power is turned off.
EASY OPERATION FOR PROFESSIONAL RESULTS
The VR-4HD features professional quality broadcast controls and switches ensuring more accurate and faster operation than interfaces based on a computer style mouse and keyboard. The ability to simultaneously switch video with the push of a button and adjust audio with the push of a fader is invaluable and puts all essential features at the operator’s fingertips. The built-in multi-view screen is also a touch screen interface for accessing set-up parameters, making it extremely easy to adjust picture-in-picture settings by dragging the inset window onto the screen.
SUPPORT FOR TODAY AND YESTERDAY’S VIDEO SOURCES
The VR-4HD has three dedicated HDMI input connectors compatible with a variety of equipment and support 1080p/1080i/720p video resolution. The fourth input includes a scaler to support both video and computer resolutions and also supports analog RGB and component input so older devices can be used as sources without the need for external conversion equipment.
Both progressive and interlace signals can be input allowing for both 1080i and 1080p signals to be used at the same time. Video signals input from a PC are accurately displayed thanks to progressive signal processing. HDCP is supported for input of copy protected content from devices such as Blu-ray disc players.
The VR-4HD includes DSK (Downstream Keying), Picture-in-Picture (PinP), Split and Quad composting effects ideal for creating news style broadcasts and corporate presentation content.
The DSK function is great for overlaying titles, song lyrics or logos onto incoming video sources that can be switched in the background while text or images remain displayed.The DSK supports both Luminance Keying (Black / White) and Chroma Keying (Blue / Green) for compositing two videos in one screen using Picture-in-Picture, or for using the split function – ideal for seminars and presentations.
GREAT VIDEO NEEDS GREAT AUDIO
Achieving great sounding audio for video productions is easy with the VR-4HD which features Roland’s award winning digital signal processing and advanced features including auto-mixing, echo cancel and delay for perfect lip-sync between audio and video. The VR-4HD’s audio mixer can mix the four XLR microphone inputs, stereo RCA and 1/8 mini connector along with the audio embedded in the four HDMI inputs. The final mix can be output via XLR, RCA and also embedded into the HDMI ouput.
A unique loop-back audio capability is included with the USB 3.0 port that can bring in audio from a connected PC using a conferencing software, such as Skype, and return audio to the PC without any howling or echo thanks to the included Echo Cancelation feature. This makes the VR-4HD an ideal web conferencing tool that allows for multiple video and audio sources to be used with free online webconference softwares.
The included Auto-Mixing function makes mixing multiple speakers at conferences and panels simple and easy by automatically managing the levels of the microphones across the multiple people speaking. and can even give priority for volume Volume priority can be assigned to an event moderator who can always be heard above the other participants.
USB 3.0 FOR RECORDING AND STREAMING
Recording or webcasting from the VR-4HD is easily achieved by connecting to a PC or Mac using the built-in USB 3.0 connection. Up to Full 1080p uncompressed resolution can be output from the VR-4HD. The VR-4HD embeds the audio mix with the video program and delivers at the selected resolution.
The free VR Video Capture application for Mac and PC provides an easy and effective way to capture uncompressed video with high resolution audio. The VR Video Capture application can also capture compressed video for easy and immediate delivery of content to online video sites or internal corporate servers.